Saturday, August 25, 2012

How to depot a Lipstick

How to depot a Lipstick

I just wanted to show you today, how I depot my lipsticks. Why I do that? :-) Well if they are in their tubes I can't see the colour that is inside. As you can see on the pic that shows the bottom of my lipstick: I tried something else before. I looked for a similar nail polish and put a colour-dot on the bottom, so I kind of knew what the colour inside would be. It didn't help. I didn't use my lipsticks a lot because I was annoyed when I had to open ten tubes to find the colour I was searching for. So I decided to depot them. 
I got the original idea from DUSTIN HUNTER  (go check out his You Tube channel- he is AMAZING !!!) I didn't want to use stackable pots, because I still want to be able to take just one lipstick with me. 

Enough with the intro: Here is how I do it:


Thing you need: Rubbing Alcohol, a little Pot, a Spatula, your Lipstick and Kitchen roll


First you should desinfect your little pot, where you're going to put the Lipstick into! Just spray it with your rubbing alcohol and then wipe off the excess.

Take you Lipstick and cut off about 2/3 of it with your spatula.
 
Squish the Lipstick in your pot. It is important to squish it around the sides so it is easy for you to see the colour from the outside without having any air-bubbles.

Scrape out the rest of the Lipstick.
If you're lucks, by pulling gently on the rest that is inside the tube you can remove the whole Lipstick without having to scrape it out! It doesn't work if the Lipstick's formular is too creamy.

You can use the original labe for labeling your tube. Just peel it off with your finger.
There you go!! You're depotted Lipstick :-)
All my depotted Lipsticks in their drawers. I took some black cardbordpaper and taped it between them so they don't roll around when I take one out to use!













No comments:

Post a Comment